Saturday, September 26, 2009

Show ends Sunday September 26


Well the HB art show ends this Sunday but there is still a little time to get to the Huntington Beach Art Center on Main St. to see the show. I think the doors close at 5 or 6 tomorrow. I thought there were some good paintings at the show this year. Art is a good thing. It is amazing that we as humans create art. And we do it well. From amazing paintings to symphonies to some hot guitar licks. The above painting is a sketch from my sketch book. I was in Long Beach about 3 months ago and I took took a picture of this old rustic tug boat. So I painted it. It is not a bad sketch, but I have been thinking that if I do a painting of it, I need to introduce a strong composition that will tell a story. I saw a painting by Maurice Logan at the Irvine Museum of some boats in a salt flat. It looked like it was somewhere in the San Francisco bay area during the 30's. He paints abstractly and seemingly messy, but it worked. It evoked a feeling. His watercolors were excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment