Thursday, September 3, 2009

HB Plein Aire DAY 2


My second day at painting. I went to the Newland house, an historic old house in Huntington Beach. Newland was friends of the Irvines who owned most of Orange county back in the day. Maybe real estate is the best investment in the long haul. I got there at 10:00am, picked a place in the shade, and started my preliminary sketches. By 11:00am I was starting to paint. I am trying to do better compositions in my work but when you paint a big house and a tree there isn't much left. So I am not finished with this yet. I plan to put in some more trees lightly in the background. Finish the foreground house and then maybe work on the sky. I don't want to over work it. I once read that a master artist knows when to quit. I wonder if that could also be applied to other areas of our lives. Sometimes, maybe, we don't want to over work a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment