Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 14



Well I got so busy I didn't keep up my blog. I painted a total 7 paintings in a two week period. My strategy was to go on location and paint and then finish the painting at home. I actually wished i would have finished the paintings on location by doing them faster with less detail. What was good about this competition is that I feel I strengthened my artistic visual muscles. Well anyways here is this painting of a historical house in HB. It originally was a water tower but then it was converted to a house mid 20th century. I met the owner whose family has owned the house for 50 years. It actually is a col place. The green on the left side of the painting represents a 100 year old avacado tree. I actually did two paintings. The one with all the red in the middle of the painting is the one I entered in the show. Which one do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment