Sunday, September 20, 2009

HB Art Show Results


Well The show opened to the Public Last Friday, September 18. I didn't win any prize money. It seems like they gave most of the prizes to oil painters. One thing I have learned is that you can't let the results of one judge influence your worth as an artist. In my opinion, the judging seemed arbitrary and a matter of personal taste. The paintings that won are not all what I thought were the best paintings. Maybe life is like that. The race doesn't always go to the fastest. So there you go. The good news is that I did sell one painting so far, the one of the water tower with the red flowers draping down the fence (see Day 14 below). So that was a real boost to me. Also all the hard work exercised my artistic muscles. All and all it is a good show. So there is still time to come on down to the Huntington Beach Art Center on Main Street and see some good paintings. The above picture is the artist standing next to his entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment