Monday, April 6, 2020

Spring 2020

Welcome to Spring. This season is much anticipated for us living in a much colder climate than we did before. Below are quick watercolors that I have done. Hope you enjoy.

I changed my painting up a bit by doing a Paris Painting. This watercolor and a Sharpie fine tip permanent marker. It was done loose on purpose.



Below is watercolor of California P{poppies fro a photo I took at A winery In central California Last spring 2019.



Another painting (below) of the Lazy Mountain a center piece of the Matanuska Valley. This painting was completed in Mid spring of 2020. The snow has melted for the year. Summer is on its way.


The is water tower is in the town of Palmer, AK. I plan to do another version of the water tower which is iconic to the town.



This painting called Moose Lake was actually a small pond left by the melting snow in the front of our house. The pond and the trees are actually part of our yard, The rocks and foreground grass I added for interest.



The view outside my studio window. The time is early spring. the snow has not quite melted yet.


The view is a hiking trail in early spring. The snow has retreated from the trees, but still occupies the trail. It is a great place to walk.



A month ago these "Alaskan" trees were surrounded and at times covered with snow. The two white shapes at the bottom of the painting are supposed to be snow. Another clue to spring is that I actually started this painting, ABOVE, on location in 36F degree weather. My water didn't have a chance to melt.

This is a watercolor of sunrise in the Matanuska Valley of Alaska. The sun is starting to come up over the Lazy Mountain and brighten the valley of an early spring.





No comments:

Post a Comment