Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Winter 2020

Spending the winter in Alaska this year has provided new fascinating subjects to paint. Below is a watercolor entitled Old Trunk Road. This painting was inspired by a winter walk I took a few weeks ago in my new neighborhood. I hope you enjoy it.




Another winter snow scene here in the Matanuska Valley. This one with a small stream. We seem to have a lot of snow. it is even piling up, like we are collecting it. I hope you enjoy this quite winter scene. The art featured in this posting is available for purchase on my Etsy shop. www.etsy.com/shop/KenHarrisWatercolors




This painting is the view I see outside my studio window here in Alaska. It is more of a study of the local nature.  Paul Cézanne was right when he said that nature was the greatest teacher.






Below is another version of the view outside my window.


Below is a quick sketch of a coastal lagoon north of Carlsbad, California.





No comments:

Post a Comment