Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick Watercolor Sketches




Above are some of my latest more abstract watercolors. Two of the paintings Crystal Cove and Cape Porpoise were painted from from photos I had taken on location. The painting of Mile Square Park At Dusk was painted on location last December. I was there with the class that I teach at Vanguard University.  It was cold and foggy. I was putting on the paint thick and it was not drying. I figured I would finish it at home later. Suddenly my easel collapsed and the water can that was attached to my easel spilled completely on the painting. It actually looked better. So I continued to work on it and did finish it at home. It was a good lesson for me to think about color and abstract patterns. I will discuss abstract patterns and what it means to a painting in a later blog. Double click on any image to see a larger version of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment