Monday, June 27, 2011

Provence

Aix Street


Aix summer early evening



Restaurant in Saint-Marc Jaumegarde

It has been a year since we went to Provence. Wish I can go back soon. I also wish it wasn't such a big deal to get there. Anyway here are some of my latest paintings of Provence. More will follow soon. I have been doing a lot of watercolors adding pen and ink lately. I like the effect. I can do these paintings rather quickly which helps me to concentrate on the idea and total composition of the painting.  I see the painting as a whole. What I like about the Provençal restaurant is that not only is the food good, you have to go up a small dirt road to get to it. The Square in Aix is around dinner time. I would say 7:00 PM (19;00hrs). In the summer the sun doesn’t go down till about 9:45 PM . Finally the first painting, top, is a street scene. The morning light is coming from the east and is starting to creep down the walls on the building on the right. Double click any painting to see a larger view.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work I would like to buy one of these today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny I love it that you're using the social media as a form of marketing your beautiful work. Best of luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. La belle Provence immortalisée par le très célèbre peintre Ken Harris. Merci Ken !! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are AIXtraordinary, Ken!
    Greetings from St Marc Jaumegarde ;0)

    ReplyDelete